Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What is this thing?

Oddly enough, though in time and space I am a child of technology, this system blows my mind. I am not saavy with the World Wide Web, yet I am extremely impressed by its capabilities (the few that I know of). I will wish myself the very best of luck.

Let me introduce myself: I am a student at Emmanuel College so close to graduating I can taste it and its sweeter than any confectionary concoction I ate in Argentina. Argentinians have an obsession with dulce de leche; I know this because I spent my last semester studying abroad in Buenos Aires and traveled to Mendoza, Bariloche in Northern Patagonia, Uruguay and Chile. This was the time I solidified my desire to be an international journalist...some day. I would love to tell funny anectdotes of that time, my time at Emmanuel, or even from my childhood but I have a hard time believing it would do any good. I will tell you this: I am an avid reader and writer; I am a traveler of nations as well as ideas; I have an afro, which does not define me but says some things about me I suppose. Other than that you'll have to stay tuned.

As far as the elements of literary theory: I couldn't name them if I tried which is why I am so excited to continue in this course. One thing I do enjoy is riping literature apart, in a good way. Since I was a kid, my older sister told me I was always "over analyzing everything" and I carry that with me with every book I read and author I encounter. There are so many ways to understand one word or phrase. Can you find any of it in my writing? No? You're not looking hard enough. That's what I aim to do- I am to look harder, read between those lines, and, hopefully along the way, I'll understand what different theories exist and really, what it all means.


-Peace,
Priscilla

Note: "I am so proud of you, you've entered the blog world." - A good friend while I use her internet access and laptop to create this blog.

No comments: